The NBCC Foundation is pleased to announce the second round of Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) scholarships, available to:
- U.S. GCDF credential holders pursuing a career in professional counseling;
- International GCDF credential holders enrolled in a counseling program; and
- International students currently enrolled in both a GCDF training program and a postbachelor’s counseling program.
The goal of this scholarship program is to increase the number of available professional counselors providing quality career development services as a part of their practice. In doing so, the GCDF scholarship program plays an important role in the Foundation’s mission to leverage the power of counseling by strategically focusing resources for positive change.
Each year, the Foundation awards $5,000 scholarships to one U.S. GCDF and one GCDF or GCDF student outside of the United States. The eligibility requirements include the following:
- U.S. applicants for the GCDF scholarship must hold an active GCDF credential in good standing and be enrolled in a master’s-level program accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- International applicants must either hold an active GCDF credential in good standing and be enrolled in an advanced education program in counseling, orbe a student currently enrolled in both a GCDF training program and a postbachelor’s counseling program, as appropriate to their country.
For more information about the GCDF scholarships or to apply, please visit www.nbccf.org/gcdf
. The application deadline is July 31, 2013. For more information about the GCDF program, please visit www.cce-global.org/GCDF
The NBCC Foundation thanks the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE), a Platinum Sponsor, for its support of Foundation programs.